As an environmentally aware and progressive business, Relyon are proud to be full members of the Furniture Industry Sustainability Programme (FISP) and fully support its goals and aims.
Relyon’s environmental responsibilities are at the heart of our business and every effort been made to ensure that our manufacturing facilities, products and packaging are as environmentally friendly as possible and comply with all municipal, regional and national requirements. Relyon minimise the impact of their products on the environment by:
- All wood is sourced from sustainable forests with a CoC (Chain of Custody)
- Recycling our waste where ever possible
- Keeping packaging to minimum, and using responsibly sourced or recycled packaging
- Monitoring and targeting of energy and water consumption
- Continual investment in systems, practices, people and facilities to continually reduce our impact on our environment
Relyon is dedicated to developing and further improving its environmental policy by maintaining long-term relationships with suppliers to ensure they also invest and manage their environmental responsibilities. Relyon further ensure policies and minimum standards are achieved and adhered to through ISO 9001 certification and the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) Base Code.
Relyon’s FISP certification demonstrates our commitment to maintaining sustainable excellence.
Steinhoff International Holdings Limited (“Steinhoff”)
Steinhoff is committed to proactively promote awareness of environmental management throughout the group and to maintain proper standards of environmental management in all of its operations. Our policy is to ensure that the group operations utilise environmentally acceptable practices that benefit the environment, our shareholders, employees and the community at large. We will continuously aim towards improving our environmental practices and, where viable, to minimise our use of water and energy, our emissions to air and water and to contain our production of waste.
We will strive to achieve this by our commitment, both at board and divisional level, to:
- comply, as a minimum, non-negotiable requirements, with all environmental legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice applicable to our operations,
- identify all significant environmental aspects relevant to our operations and to develop and implement appropriate environmental management strategies,
develop environmental awareness across the group through effective communication, training, consultation and interaction,
set and use objectives and targets,
- measure and report, through group reporting structures, on compliance with applicable legislation and regulations and on performance against objectives and targets,
- monitor new developments in environmental control and technology relevant to our operations, and
adopt environmental management as a key strategic objective.
- The group’s divisions may formulate separate divisional environmental policies to address specific issues. Such divisional policies shall incorporate the principles of this group environmental policy.
The ultimate responsibility for the group environmental matters rests with Steinhoff board.
Steinhoff will publicly report, on an annual basis or more frequently should circumstances require, on the group’s progress on environmental matters and is committed to appropriate communications with internal and external stakeholders on any environmental matters of significance.